Profile is an important part that defines the video output resolution, video output bitrate, and audio output bitrate for encoding. Furthermore, it will also affect the costing of encoding, storage usages of encoded video and the CDN usages while watching the VOD.
BlendVision One allows you to apply the customized profiles or the preset into ProfileSets to configure the encoding for each VOD.
In this article, we’ll introduce the preset profiles list and the detailed steps on how to create and manage the customized profiles.
Before we start
In BlendVision One, the output formats of encoded VOD (such as resolution and codec) are defined by the ProfileSet you chose, and the profile is a part of ProfileSet.
Please refer to VOD ProfileSets to help you grasp the relationship between profiles and ProfileSets.
- Changes to ProfileSets/profiles (such as deletion or editing) won't impact previously encoded VODs. To implement these changes on your VOD, please create a new VOD and select the preferred ProfileSets.
Here's the list for preset profiles and their configurations:
|Name||Video Codec||Resolution||Standard||Video Bitrate||Audio Bitrate||Frame Rate|
|2160p-40Mbps||H.264||3840x2160||4K||40.00 Mbps||192 kbps||60fps|
|2160p-20Mbps||H.264||3840x2160||4K||20.00 Mbps||192 kbps||30fps|
|1080p-10Mbps||H.264||1920x1080||FHD||10.00 Mbps||128 kbps||60fps|
|1080p-5Mbps||H.264||1920x1080||FHD||5.00 Mbps||128 kbps||30fps|
|720p-5Mbps||H.264||1440x720||HD||5.00 Mbps||128 kbps||60fps|
|720p-2.5Mbps||H.264||1440x720||HD||2.50 Mbps||128 kbps||30fps|
|480p-3Mbps||H.264||850x480||SD||3.00 Mbps||96 kbps||60fps|
|480p-1.5Mbps||H.264||850x480||SD||1.50 Mbps||96 kbps||30fps|
|360p-1.4Mbps||H.264||640x360||SD||1.40 Mbps||96 kbps||60fps|
|360p-700kbps||H.264||640x360||SD||700 kbps||96 kbps||30fps|
|240p-800kbps||H.264||426x240||SD||800 kbps||64 kbps||60fps|
|240p-400kbps||H.264||426x240||SD||400 kbps||64 kbps||30fps|
|2160p-20Mbps||H.265||3840x2160||4K||20.00 Mbps||192 kbps||60fps|
|2160p-10Mbps||H.265||3840x2160||4K||10.00 Mbps||192 kbps||30fps|
|1080p-5Mbps||H.265||1920x1080||FHD||5.00 Mbps||128 kbps||60fps|
|1080p-2.5Mbps||H.265||1920x1080||FHD||2.50 Mbps||128 kbps||30fps|
|720P-3.5 Mbps||H.265||1440x720||HD||3.5 Mbps||128 kbps||60fps|
|720P-1.7 Mbps||H.265||1440x720||HD||1.7 Mbps||128 kbps||30fps|
|480P-2.1 Mbps||H.265||850X480||SD||2.1 Mbps||128 kbps||60fps|
|480P-1.0 Mbps||H.265||850x480||SD||1.0 Mbps||96 kbps||30fps|
|360P-1.0 Mbps||H.265||640x360||SD||1.0 Mbps||96 kbps||60fps|
|360P-500 kbps||H.265||640x360||SD||500 Kbps||64 kbps||30fps|
|240P-500 kbps||H.265||426x240||SD||500 kbps||64 kbps||60fps|
|240P-300 kbps||H.265||426x240||SD||300 kbps||64 kbps||30fps|
These profiles already apply into the preset ProfileSets we provided. You can directly use the preset ProfileSets or apply these profiles into your custom ProfileSets.
If you want to customize the profiles, you should create or edit a custom ProfileSet first, to access the Profiles list shown on ProfileSet’s creating page/editing page.
Then you can follow the steps in the following chapters, to create and manage the customized profiles:
Add customized profiles
In order to create a customized profiles, please follow the steps below:
1. Press the “Add Profiles” button displayed on the Profiles list at ProfileSet's creating page/editing page.
2. The dialog window “Add profiles” will display, then you can start to set up the configurations of new profile:
- The video codec (H.264 or H.265) will be blocked by the configurations of ProfileSets. If you want to change the codec, please refer to Customize ProfileSets to change the “ProfileSet Configuration”
3. Set up the basic configuration for the new profile:
- Name: enter the profile name that will display in the profile list. (up to 30 characters)
- Resolution width: it defines the number of horizontal pixels for video resolution. Enter an even number between 128 and 4096.
- Resolution height: it defines the number of vertical pixels for video resolution. Enter an even number between 128 and 2304.
Video bitrate: it defines the amount of data transmitted or used in video stream (kbps)
- If the video codec is H.264, enter a number between 60 and 60000.
- If the video codec is H.265: enter a number between 60 and 45000.
- Audio bitrate: it defines the number of data transmitted or used in audio stream (kbps). Enter a number between 24 and 384.
4. (Optional) You can set up advanced settings for the new profile if needed:
Note: these values will be limited by the video codec of ProfileSets.
|Field Name||Definition||Video codec: H.264||Video codec: H.265|
It specifies which coding tools and algorithms are used in the streams
|Level||It specifies the processing burden and storage capacity of the decoder corresponding.||
|B-frame||It defines whether to enable bi-predictive frames, to enhance video compression and reduce the amount of data transmission, making the video stream smoother.||
|Frame Rate||It defines the number of frames displayed per second, indicating video smoothness and screen refresh speed.||
It defines the number of GOP (group of pictures) per second.
The value is fixed as “2”.
It defines the duration (by second) for each segment in the video stream.
The value is fixed as “6”.
5. Press “Save” button to submit the new profile and close the dialog window. Then the notification as below will be displayed, and you can confirm the customized profiles shown in the profile list.
Note: After the customized profile is created, you should apply it into ProfileSets by creating or editing a custom ProfileSet. So that you can apply the new configuration when creating a new VOD.
Delete customized profiles
Before deleting profiles, please confirm the cautions below:
- The preset profiles are not allowed to be deleted.
- Once the customized profile is deleted, it will be unable to be restored and you cannot apply it into ProfileSets anymore.
- The deletion won’t impact the VOD that is already encoded.
Here are the detailed steps to permanently delete the customized profiles:
1. Find the item you want to delete in the Profiles list at ProfileSet's creating page/editing page. Then click the delete icon shown in the right side.
2. The dialog window will display for confirmation. Press “Delete” button to continue the deletion.
3. Once the submission is succeeded, the notification as below will be displayed, and you can confirm the customized profiles is removed from the profile list.
- The deleted profiles will also be removed from all ProfileSets even if you didn’t edit them.