This guide will walk you through the process of setting up the API tokens on BlendVision One Web console, to integrate BlendVision One APIs for your VODs and livestreams.
The API token serves as a key for integrating your application with BlendVision One API, in order to publish private contents with embedded iFrame player, integrated Player SDK, or other use cases which are required to integrate our API.
Before we start
In most cases, you can easily use BlendVision One services on Web Console and publish the contents directly to your audiences with the auto-generated showroom website, without the need for integrating API additionally.
You can refer to the example cases below, to confirm whether API integration is needed for your use cases:
- Publish private contents with embed iFrame player.
- Publish the contents with BlendVision One Player SDK
- Integrate BlendVision One service into your existing system or service.
- You can also refer to Integrate Existing Membership Systems for Private Content for more cases.
If you need to create a new API token, refer to this guide to create a new one.
Create New API tokens for integration
1. Log in to your BlendVision One console and navigate to “Developers” → “API Token” on the side menu
2. Press "Create new API Token" button to create API token for integration.
3. Customize the preferred Name and Expiration Date, then press the "Create" button to submit.
4. Once you submit, the details of tokens will be shown in the pop-up dialog.
Please remember to copy the generated API token for API integration, then securely store/keep this API token accessible.
For security reasons, it will no longer be visible in your account once you close this dialog via pressing the “Done” button.
5. After pressing the “Done” button to close the pop-up dialog, the newly created API tokens can be found on API Tokens list.
You can use the API tokens to embed the iframe player codes in your website and integrate our API. Please refer to the Developer Guide for more detailed information.
Delete unused API tokens
1. Log in to your BlendVision One console and navigate to “Developers” → “API Token” on the side menu.
2. Press the delete icon of the API tokens you want to delete in API Tokens list.
3. The dialog will be shown for confirmation. Click the “Delete” button to permanently delete the API Token you want to delete.
4. When the deletion is completed, the following notification will be displayed and you will be redirected to the API Tokens list.