This article details instructions on how to add a VOD on the BlendVision One web console.
Before we start
Please refer to the following articles for information that may be helpful before you add a new VOD:
Preparing your video source
- (Optional) Video Library Management on uploading source media files
- (Optional) Setting up VOD ProfileSets to customize the output resolution of the encoded VOD.
- (Optional) Customize player template for creating your own player style.
- (Optional) Integrate BlendVision One APIs to enable specific security features (such as visibility and watermarks) on the Player SDK/embed iframe Player.
Start adding a VOD
1. You may start adding a VOD in two ways:
Click on the “ADD” button on the left sidebar then selecting “VOD”.
You can also click “VOD” on the left sidebar to access the VOD List, then click the “Add VOD” button to create your new content.
2. From here, you can start setting up the configurations of your new VOD content:
You can configure the settings of your VOD content from the General tab.
2. Upload or select the source media file to be encoded. In BlendVision One, we support the following upload methods and input formats:
From Local: you can drag your files into this section or click on “browse” to select files from your system.
Supported input formats:
- File format : .mp4 , .mpg, .mov, .mkv, avi , .m2ts, .ts
- File Size: Max 50 GB per video
File Name: Max 100 characters (English/Chinese/Japanese letters, numbers, hyphens, underscores)
- Supported input formats:
From Library: you can search and select videos files previously uploaded in Video Library. Check or uncheck source file items then click “Save” button to process the next step.
- For the uploading steps of Video Library, Please refer to Video Library Management.
3. (Optional) Add the subtitle for your VOD:
After selecting / uploading source files, it will be shown in the “Selected videos” list under the “Upload” section.
- You can confirm the information of filename and size in the list.
- You can delete / edit the items in the list.
Press “Add Subtitle” button will show a window to upload subtitle files.
You can edit “Subtitle language” and “Display Name” for each video.
- We support .srt / .vtt format for subtitle files.
- Max: 10 subtitles files allowed for 1 VOD
- Display Name of subtitle only allows to input English / Traditional Chinese / Japanese letter, not support symbol / emoji / punctuation marks.
About Profile and ProfileSet of VOD:
Profile is an important part that defines the video output resolution, video output bitrate, and audio output bitrate. You can define your own profiles based on your needs while BlendVision One also provides optimal presets that you can use directly.
In BlendVision One, you also need to define your output resolution and bitrate by adding the predefined profiles to our ProfileSet. It will define the codec and streaming protocol of your encoding output. BlendVision One provides the ability for you to easily produce adaptive streaming by adding multiple profiles to your ProfileSet.
In this part, you will need to select the predefined ProfileSet to define the output of your VOD)
4. Select the ProfileSet for VOD encoding:
BlendVision provides several presets of ProfileSet for selectable. You can also select your own ProfileSets if you added a custom ProfileSet in VOD ProfileSets of General Setting module before.
Click the “Setting” button to confirm and manage your ProfileSets.
Refer to VOD ProfileSets for more details.
- PTE (Per-Title-Encoding) features: you can enable this optional feature to optimize how your videos will be perceived by your audience. By enabling PTE, content will be analyzed based on scene complexity and optimize bitrate to save on storage and transmission bandwidth costs without sacrificing quality. Refer to Per-Title-Encoding (PTE) Introduction for more details.
- Smart ABR (Smart Adaptive Bitrate) features: to apply this feature, you need to select or add a custom Smart-ABR-enabled ProfileSet. Refer to Smart Adaptive Bitrate (Smart ABR) Introduction for more details.
- Click the “Setting” button to confirm and manage your ProfileSets.
- Note: Once VOD is created, this configurations will be uneditable anymore. Please make sure you select the necessary ProfileSet before submitting the new VOD .
In BlendVision One, Processing Speed determines the lead time and cost for a VOD encoding to complete.
5. Select the Processing Speed for VOD encoding:
- Standard: an economical option that the created VOD encodings might need to queue for available resources.
- Faster: minimize the encoding lead time by guaranteeing the available resources all the time.
Note: The total lead time and usage cost will be determined based on the processing speed selected, length of the video, and the selected ProfileSet. While Faster does offer greater resources, total lead time may differ based on the configurations of the above settings. For more detailed information, please refer to the Processing Speed .
Security setting (Optional)
In Security tab, BlendVision One provide multiple features to protect your content:
- DRM (Digital Rights Management) : protect your content from screen-recording, snapshot and mirroring.
- Visibility: managing the visibility of content (Public / Token) to avoid unauthorized access.
- Geo-Region: specifying authorized regions to limit the access from each area or countries.
- Watermark: display watermark overlaid on your video and claim the copyright or identify violators of pirated content.
- Domain Control: manage the domain whitelist that allow to publish your content, and limit unauthorized delivery in other platform.
If you want to properly protect your content and limit access to certain audiences or regions, please follow the steps below to complete the relevant settings. Your video content is valuable, and should be protected from bad actors who can easily obtain or distribute it through various acts of piracy.
6. For the details of security features, please confirm Set up Security Features to set up the security features for your VOD contents.
Noted: some features may need to integrate with BlendVision One APIs, please refer to the related articles: Integrate Existing Membership Systems for Private Content to confirm the feature lists that need to request tokens for enabling.
Submit and start your encoding
Follow above steps and complete the setting, now you can click the “Start Encoding” button on the upper-right side to submit and begin the encoding process.
- Please note that most fields will be uneditable once a VOD encoding job is created. We strongly recommend that you double check all settings before you submit it.
- Some features (such as cover image, chapters, etc) only be activated after the encoding is completed. For the steps to edit a VOD / enable further features / the editable fields after VOD is created, please refer to Edit a VOD.
After you submit, you can see the created VODs shown in the VOD List.