BlendVision One allows you to reuse a closed live event to reduce the time and hassle of creating a new event from scratch.
This article details instructions on how to reuse a closed live event.
Before reusing a live event, please confirm the points below:
- Archived events can not be reused. Please add a new live event instead.
Only live events under the “Closed” status can be reused.
- For events under other statuses that are not “Archiving” or “Archived”, please cancel the event first to transition the status to “Closed”.
- When reusing live events, some configurations will be uneditable. Please refer to the next section for more details.
- After triggering the reuse option, the showroom/iFrame player of the event will be regenerated. Be sure to share the new showroom URL/embed iFrame player with your audience.
Accessing the live event settings page
1. Click on the “Live” item in the left sidebar to access the Livestream List, then select the closed live event you would like to reuse.
2. Click on the closed event in the livestream list to access the settings page.
- Note: The “Create Livestream” button should display on the upper-right side of the settings page. If not, please confirm that the event is under the “Closed” status and not archived.
Edit the configurations
When reusing live events, the editable configurations will be limited. Please refer to the article sections below for more details on what configurations are editable:
You can confirm and edit the information of the live event in the “General” tab. However, some configurations will be limited when reusing a live event.
You can edit the Livestream Name.
- Symbols and characters are allowed. Max: 50 characters
Custom ID: You can edit this item for use in data mapping.
- Note: The max length of the custom ID is 150 characters. It must be unique and can only consist of English letters and numbers (0~9).
Live Type & Broadcast Mode: This setting will be uneditable when reusing a live event.
Exception: If the “Simulive Event” type was selected, the “Simulive File” can be left blank during reuse. However, you still need to select a video file as a streaming source before the status will change to “Wait for Preview” (>12 hours before the scheduled start time).
Refer to Edit a Live Event for more details.
- Exception: If the “Simulive Event” type was selected, the “Simulive File” can be left blank during reuse. However, you still need to select a video file as a streaming source before the status will change to “Wait for Preview” (>12 hours before the scheduled start time).
Start Time: You can choose between “Now” or “Schedule”. You will need to set up the expected start date/time when choosing the “Schedule” option.
- Resolution: This setting will be uneditable when reusing a live event.
Live Source File: You can enable this option to record the live event and save it as a new MP4 file in the video library.
- Ultra Low Latency (ULL) Live: This option will be uneditable when reusing a live event.
Metadata will be editable during reuse.
Short description: for a brief description of the content
- Max: 100 characters
Long description: for a detailed description of the content
- Max: 2,000 characters
- The long description will be displayed in the information panel of the VOD player.
The Live-to-VOD function can be enabled or disabled when reusing a live event.
- Enable/Disable Live-to-VOD: enables/disables the Live-to-VOD function.
- Start Time: the scheduled start time of the Live-to-VOD can be configured
- End Time: the scheduled end time of the Live-to-VOD can be configured
Source of Live-to-VOD: The following options are available during reuse
- “Livestream Catchup” to utilize the live recording as a VOD.
- “Replace with an edited VOD” to use a selected video file from your video library as the VOD.
For the details on setting up and the limitation of Live-to-VOD, please refer to Utilize a Live Event as a VOD.
Editable configurations in the “Security” tab will be limited when reusing a live event.
The DRM and Geo-Region control settings will be uneditable.
You can choose the between “Public” and “Token”
When choosing the “Token” option, you can set up a Device Limit (from 0~255).
You will also need to integrate BlendVision One APIs if you wish to publish the live event with the Player SDK/iFrame player. Please refer to Set up Security Features and Share and Publish a Live Event for more details.
You can enable/disable watermark functions and edit the settings when reusing a live event. Please refer to Set up Security Features for more details.
You can enable/disable domain control functions and edit the settings when reusing a live event. Please refer to Set up Security Features for more details.
Noted: Most security features (such as visibility, domain control, etc) will be unavailable when using Player SDK. You need to develop the relevant functions within your system and integrate it with Player SDK.
You can edit the cover image shown in each status when reusing events.
For the details on setting up cover images, please refer to Set up Cover Images.
You can enable/disable interaction features in the “Interaction” tab:
It is possible to enable/disable the chatroom function and set the theme. Please refer to Set up Interaction Features for more details.
It is possible to enable/disable the poll function and set the theme. Please refer to Set up Interaction Features for more details.
You can edit the configurations to customize your showroom design when reusing a live event in the “Showroom” tab.
For detailed steps on how to edit showroom features, please refer to Set up Showroom Features for more details.
You can edit the configurations to your player when reusing live event in the “Player” tab:
- Preview the Player UI for your live event
- Select a standard or customized Player Template for your event.
Please refer to Set up Player Features for detailed steps on how to select the player template used for the showroom and embed iFrame player.
- For more details on creating and customizing your own player template, please refer to Customize Player Template.
- For live events published using the Player SDK (Android/iOS/Web), please refer to our developer guide for details on player UI customization.
Submit the edited configurations
After you have finished editing your configurations, click the “Create Livestream” button on the upper-right side of the settings page to save and submit your edited live event.
After submission, you will be redirected to the livestream list. The status of the live event will change from “Closed” to “Preparing” and you will be able to use the live event again.
Noted: Pagination display priority of Livestream List is ordered by latest updated time. Therefore, when live event is reused, it will move to the top of Livestream List.
Here are more suggested articles for help on follow up actions:
- Share and Publish a Live Event for publishing the live event to your audience.
- Edit a Live Event on modifying event settings or setting up Live-to-VOD functions.
- Supported Input Formats for Live Events to help set up your streaming software/encoder’s signal format settings.
Live Control Room on managing your livestream via the control room.