This article details instructions on how to manage your chatroom from the control room.
Manage the comments in the chatroom
In the control room of a chatroom-enabled event, the chatroom preview and management options will display on the right side of player.
The the control room provides different functions for managing the chatroom seen by audiences in the showroom/embed iFrame player:
User block list: You may check the blocked users list and unblock them if desired. For blocking users, please refer to the “Message settings” section of this article.
Mute/Unmute channels: You can mute all channels to prevent the audience from commenting in the chatroom.
- Other functions in drop-down settings menu:
- Management - Show/Hide user count: You can control the display of the concurrent user count to the audience.
- Theme: switch to light/dark mode: You can switch the theme which will also be reflected to the audience.
Admin message: You can send messages as an admin from the control room.
Settings menu for each message: You can manage messages by pinning, removing, or blocking them.
- Pin allows you to pin the selected message to the top of the chatroom. This is useful for any messages you would like to highlight such as news or announcements. You may also unpin the pinned message.
- Remove allows you to delete any message from the chatroom. This is useful for hiding any inappropriate comments.
Block allows you to add a specific audience member into the block list. Their messages will continue to display on the admin’s side but will be hidden from the rest of the audience’s chatroom.
Manage admin name
In the settings below the player, you can edit the admin name which is displayed in the chatroom as well as confirm when to open the chatroom.
- Note: Once the event is created, the publishing period of the chatroom will be uneditable. For the editable fields after creating an event, please refer to Edit a Live Event.