BlendVision One provides multiple efficient functions for building up your media streaming service. Asset management is required to ensure efficient allocation of resources and maintain optimal operation functionality.
This article details how you may use the Video Library for your video asset management.
What is the video library
The video library is a powerful feature that allows you to effortlessly upload, save, manage, and utilize your video assets. With this intuitive tool, you can maintain a comprehensive collection of videos, conveniently access them for encoding purposes, and efficiently manage storage consumption by deleting outdated or unnecessary resources.
The video library empowers efficient video asset management, providing the following benefits:
- Centralized Repository: You can store all video assets in one centralized location, reducing clutter and ensuring easy access.
- Hassle-free Process: You can conveniently and repeatedly reuse the assets in our service, saving resources and time cost by not having to reupload videos.
- Streamlined Search: The search feature enables users to quickly find specific videos based on their titles, saving time and effort in locating desired content.
- Storage Optimization: You can optimize storage consumption and maintain an organized and efficient video library by deleting outdated or irrelevant videos.
- Local Access: Downloading videos in MP4 format allows you to readily access local copies, allowing for offline playback or sharing with others.
Manage your video assets
After logging into the BlendVision One web console, press on “Library” -> “Video” from the left sidebar to access the video library in the Video page:
The video library provides a number of features help manage your video assets, detailed in the article sections below:
Uploading and saving videos
Uploading your media assets into the video library will make using the BlendVision One service a smooth and seamless experience. The assets in the video library can be reused an unlimited amount of times for VOD encoding, simulive events or Live-to-VOD.
- You can upload local video files manually into the video library.
These media files will be saved automatically into the video library:
- Media source files that you uploaded locally
Catchup media files recorded from your livestream.
Note: Refer to Add a Live Event for the steps on how to enable this feature.
To upload a video file locally, please follow the steps below:
1. Press the “Add Video” button shown on the Video page.
2. Select/drag a local video file into window, then press the “Upload” button to upload it:
Supported input formats:
- Format: .mp4, .mpg, .mov, .mkv, AVI , .m2ts, .ts
- File Size: 50 GB max
3. The upload progress will display on the pop-up in the lower-right side of the screen:
4. After the upload is finished, you will see the video asset display in the video library list.
The video library offers robust search functionality, allowing users to effortlessly find specific video assets within the video library.
- You can search for videos by the title of the asset.
To search for a video asset in the video library, please follow the steps below:
1. Type in the keyword(s) in the search field on top of the list, then press the “Search” button.
2. The search results will be displayed in the list. You can reset the search by clicking the “Clear” button.
You can easily delete videos that are no longer required or relevant which frees up storage space and optimizes resource management.
To delete a video asset from the video library, please follow the steps below:
1. In the video library, press the Menu icon button on the right side of the video asset, then select “Delete” from the drop-down menu.
2. Click the “Delete” button in the pop-up window to confirm the deletion.
3. The video asset will be deleted from the video library and a notification will be shown.
The video library allows you to download MP4 video files that you uploaded or were auto-generated by BlendVision One services. You can obtain local copies of video source files for offline viewing or sharing purposes.
To download a video file from the video library, please follow the steps below:
1. In the video library, press the Menu icon button on the right side of the video asset and select “Download” from the drop-down menu.
2. A notification will display on the top side of the page. Please do not close your browser while the download is being prepared.
You can check the preparation progress on the right side of the video in the list.
3. Once the preparations are ready, a notification will be displayed and the download will begin automatically.