This article details the editable settings once a VOD is created as well as instructions on how to edit these fields in the BlendVision One VOD module.
Before we start
Before editing a VOD, please refer to the article below:
- Add a VOD for information on settings and editable settings when adding a new VOD
Start editing a VOD
Once your file(s) are uploaded for encoding, you can confirm their status and details in the VOD list.
To start editing, click on a VOD from the VOD list to access its settings page.
The following article sections will detail the editable fields for each setting group:
In the General tab, you can confirm and edit information about the encoded VOD.
Note: ProfileSet / Processing Speed will be uneditable once the VOD is created.
The filename is used by default. This can be edited.
- Max: 100 characters
Preview Player: preview the encoded content before publishing
- VOD ID: a unique content ID
Short description: a brief introduction of the content
- Max: 100 characters
Long description: detailed introduction or highlights of the content.
- Max: 2,000 characters
- The long description will be provided in the information panel of the VOD player.
Label: labels the content for management or filtering
- Max: 20 labels per content
The VOD content will be available for playback once encoding is complete. You can opt to set a specific period for playback availability.
- Always available: content will be ready to stream once encoded without time constraints.
Schedule: content will be streamable during the scheduled start time and end time
- Before the scheduled start time: you can switch to Always available or change the scheduled time.
- Before the scheduled end time: you can set a new end time.
Once a VOD is created, the settings in the Security tab will be uneditable.
For the definition and limitations of each setting, please refer to Set up Security Features.
Each VOD encoding process will go through several stages before finishing. You can track the progress from the Status tab.
Refer to Confirm Encoding Status of VOD for more details.
You may add or delete subtitles.
Click the “Add Subtitle” button to upload a new subtitle(s)
- supported formats: .srt, .vtt
- Click the delete icon to delete uploaded subtitle(s)
In the Image tab, you can edit the cover image that is shown during the unpublished period for the VOD.
Refer to Set up Cover Images for more details.
In the “Showroom” tab, you can edit the configurations to customize your showroom design
- Access code: create/download the access codes for your audience
- Login Page: customize the login page for your audience before they access the main page
- Main Page: customize the main page where your VOD will be displayed.
For detailed steps on how to edit showroom features and generate access codes, please refer to Set up Showroom Features for more details.
Note: BlendVision also allows you to publish your content through our iframe Player and Player SDK (on Android / iOS / Web).
For more information on these publishing methods, please refer to Share and Publish a VOD for more details.
In the “Player” tab, you can set up the configurations to customize your player:
- Preview the Player UI for your event
- Select a standard or customized Player Template for your event.
- Set up Chapters to enable swift navigation between video sections.
You can refer to the following articles for detailed configuration steps:
- Set up Player Features for steps on selecting the player template used for the Showroom and embed iframe player.
- Set up Chapter for steps on enabling and managing the chapters of a VOD.
- For more details on creating and customizing your player template, please refer to Customize Player Template
- For live events published using the Player SDK (Android / iOS / Web), please refer to our Developer Guide for information on Player UI customization.
Save and submit the edited results
After editing the fields above, click the “Save” button on the upper-right side of the settings page to save and submit your edits.