In this article, we’ll introduce the editable setting once a live event is created and the detailed steps for editing these settings in the BlendVision live module.
Before we start
Before editing a live event, You can refer to the related article as below:
- Add a Live Event for the definition of setting and the editable setting when adding new live events.
Start editing a live event
Once the live event is created, you can confirm the status and detail in Livestream List.
To start editing the individual live event, please click the live event on the Livestream list to access the live setting page.
Noted: The live event will be unavailable for editing after the status change to “Closed”. If you want to re-use the closed live event , please refer to Reuse a Live Event
The following chapters will introduce the editable settings for each section:
In General tab, You can confirm and edit the information of the live event.
Noted: Some section will be uneditable after live event is created.
You can edit the Livestream Name.
- Allow symbols and characters. Max: 50 characters
Custom ID: You can edit this item and using for your data mapping.
- Note: The max length of Event ID is 150 characters. It has to be unique and can only consist of English letters, numbers (0~9).
Live Type & Broadcast Mode: This setting will be uneditable after event is created.
- Exception: If you choose “Simulive Event” Type, It’s allowed to edit the Simulive File for selecting other video files from your Video Library when Status is “Scheduled” (>12 hours before then the scheduled start time)
- It’s allowed to edit the Start Time field when Status is “Scheduled” (>12 hours before then the scheduled start time)
- For event which choosed “Now” or events which less than 12 hours before scheduled start time, the status will show as “Wait for Preview” and unable to edit the Start Time.
- Resolution: This setting will be uneditable after event is created.
- Live Source File: This setting will be uneditable after event is created.
- Ultra Low Latency (ULL) Live: This option will be uneditable after event is created.
You can edit the metadata.
Short description: a brief intro of the content
- Max: 100 characters
Long description: detailed intro or highlights of the content.
- Max: 2,000 characters
- Long description will be provided in the information panel of the VOD player.
In this section, some setting will be uneditable after the event is created.
- Enable / Disable Live-to-VOD: This option will be uneditable after the event is created.
- VOD Start Time: You can edit the start time during “Scheduled” status ~ “Encoding” status. (before the original VOD start time you set)
- VOD End Time: You can edit the end time during “Scheduled” status ~ “VOD” status. (before the original VOD end time you set)
Source of Live-to-VOD: It’s not allowed to change to another option after the event is created.
- If you choose “Replace with an edited VOD”, you can edit the VOD File for selecting other video files from your Video Library during “Scheduled” status ~ “Live” status. (before encoding start)
For the details for setting-up and limitation of Live-to-VOD, please confirm Utilize a Live Event as a VOD.
Once the live event has been created, some setting in Security tab will be an uneditable snapshot of the setting.
- DRM : Uneditable.
- Visibility: Uneditable.
- Geo-Region control: Uneditable.
Watermark: You can enable / disable / edit the watermark setting during “Scheduled” status ~ “Preview” status. (before live start)
- Domain Control: Uneditable
- Some features may require source files and integration with BlendVision APIs. Please refer to the article Integrate Existing Membership Systems for Private Content for more details on features for token access.
- Most security features (such as visibility, domain control, etc) will be unavailable when using Player SDK. You need to develop the relevant functions within your system and integrate it with Player SDK.
You can edit the cover image shown in each status during “Preparing” ~ “Preview” status. Once you start previewing, the cover image will be unable to be edited.
For the details on setting up cover images, please refer to Set up Cover Images.
Once the live event has been created, The setting of Chatroom and Poll in Interaction tab will be an uneditable snapshot of the setting.
In “Showroom” tab, You can confirm and edit the configurations to customize your showroom design
- Access code: It’s allowed to generate the access codes for your audiences during “Scheduled” status ~ “VOD” status.
- Login Page: It’s allowed to customize the Login page during “Scheduled” status ~ “Prview” status. (before live start)
- Main Page: It’s allowed to customize the Main page during “Scheduled” status ~ “Prview” status. (before live start)
For the detailed step to edit the showroom feature and generate access codes, please confirm Set up Showroom Features to get more details.
In “Player” tab, You can set up the configurations to customize your player for below:
- Preview the Player UI for your event
- Select Standard or Customized Player Template for your event.
You can refer to Set up Player Features for the steps to select the player template used for Showroom and embed iFrame player.
- For more details of creating and customizing your owned player template, please refer to Customize Player Template
- For Live events published by Player SDK (Android / iOS / Web) method, please confirm our Developer Guide for the Player UI customization.
Save and submit the edited result
After editing the above settings, please click the “Save” button in the upper-right side of the settings page, to save and submit your edited setting.
Noted: If your event is under “Closed” status, it’ll display "Create Livestream" button instead of the "Save" button. please refer to Reuse a Live Event for more details.